Please be sure to call in advance if you plan on coming in to see one of our officers!
The Versailles, IN Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of police officer.
Applicants must be at least 21 years old and able to pass a background check.
During the hiring process applicants will be required to subject themselves to various forms of background checks, physical fitness testing, written aptitude testing, an interview process, and other testing that may be deemed appropriate.
Applications can be picked up at the Versailles Town Hall, 118 West Water Street, Versailles, IN. Resumes will be accepted only if accompanied by an application. The Town of Versailles is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for all applications and resumes is no later than March 14, 2016.
* Must be a resident citizen of the United States
* Must be a resident of or be willing to move to Ripley County Indiana
* Must be 21 years old to apply
* Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate
* Must not have a felony conviction
* Must not have a misdemeanor conviction involving domestic violence
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Must not have been dishonorably discharged from the military
* Must pass a mandatory drug screening test
Firearms License Application Process
Child Safety / Domestic Violence / Home Safety / Personal Safety / Identity Theft / Tornado Safety / Winter Safety
Click here for Sex Offenders Living In Your Area
Click here for the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Terrorists
Click here for the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives